An Introduction to our Hardship Program
Evergy Pty Ltd operates a hardship program to support our customers through difficult times. Our hardship program is designed to assist customers who have the intention, but not the capacity, to pay energy bills. The entry criteria, benefits and program features are summarized in this document.
- Why we have the Hardship Program
The Hardship Program is a positive alternative to the standard collection process and is designed to assist customers experiencing hardship. We have a dedicated hardship team who will ensure customers are assisted in managing their accounts.
- Eligibility criteria
To enter and remain on the Hardship Program, customers must meet the following three criteria:
- Have a current residential customer account
- Be experiencing short term or long term hardship
- Demonstrate a willingness to pay
If customers are unsure whether they meet the above criteria, they should call our staff for assistance in understanding eligibility.
- Benefits and Features of the Program
The benefits of the program include:
- Flexible payment arrangements taking into account customer debt, consumption needs for the next 12 months and capacity to pay;
- Assistance and advice in managing accounts and energy consumption;
- Assistance in applying for and advice on government funded concessions and rebates;
- Free energy audits;
- Discounted energy efficient products;
- Guaranteed non-disconnection of customer electricity accounts; and
- Review of the appropriateness of market contracts at no cost.
- Contact Us
If customers have questions about this notice or would like to participate in the Hardship Program, they should contact our helpful and friendly Hardship Team on 1300 EVERGY. The Hardship Team is available between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays).
You can view the full version of our hardship policyfull version